<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14106895\x26blogName\x3dstonepavement\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://stonepavement.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://stonepavement.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-6391077141517230001', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
stonepavement church planting
Name:
Location: Bourton-on-the-Water
behind the scenes


2002 Coming soon!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

what is "strategy"?

(This photo reminded me that we often see what we think is the whole plan, but oh how much there really is in store for us!))

I went to google today and searched the words "life" and "strategy". The result: 45 million returns for this search...numerous self help, coaching and counselling pages offering me answers to all my earthly needs.. Great I'm now sorted all I need to do is spend the next 4000 consecutive hours non-stop reading and digesting this content and then my life is in shape according to google. Isn't google a helpful place.

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Winston Churchill.... thanks Winston.. I'll refilter my results.

"Leaders establish the vision for the future and set the strategy for getting there; they cause change. They motivate and inspire others to go in the right direction and they, along with everyone else, sacrifice to get there." John Kotter ..... OK so strategy helps me get somewhere which has results...we're making progress

"What do you want to achieve or avoid? The answers to this question are objectives. How will you go about achieving your desire results? The answer to this you can call strategy." William Rothschild...so now I get it....

Something like the word strategy does seem to be a word that should be in my life, but from this it simply describes the "how" for seeing a "Call" or "Vision" come to fulfillment.That makes it important, it makes it something I should have in place in my life to bring reality and tangible steps into the vision. Let's say in my life I have a call to reach my fellow countrymen with the gospel in a culturally relavent way...for me the incumbent church in the UK holds for many people of my generation and my childrens generation barriers which are strong...for me it is in the form of renewal, revival, even church planting...where do I start...

"Strategy is the strand that links the call to the fulfillment" and....


Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails"

1 Comments:

Blogger Nae said...

Enjoying the blog bro - this entry has been a real encouragement to me. Thanx and see you soon :)

10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home