<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14106895\x26blogName\x3dstonepavement\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://stonepavement.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://stonepavement.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-6391077141517230001', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
stonepavement church planting
Name:
Location: Bourton-on-the-Water
behind the scenes


2002 Coming soon!

Friday, August 12, 2005

such Grace and Mercy

I'm spending a short few days in between jobs and I am getting the time to sit and reflect and think over the past and towards the future. In a couple of weeks time about 2 weeks away on the 28th my pastor has opened the pulpit to me.

Preparing for such a privilege as this, is something that sends me deep into reflection on the enormity of Grace and Mercy which has been poured out onto my life in the 39 years I've breathed air on this earth.

The reality of God's grace in every minute is too large to put my finite mind around. It's wonder that best describes the adoration and surrender I feel and want to know.

Mat Redman put this way in his song "Breathing the Breath"
"We have nothing to give
That didn't first come from Your hands
We have nothing to offer You
Which You did not provide
Every good, perfect gift comes from
Your kind and gracious heart
And all we do is give back to You
What always has been Yours"
When I think of the places we've travelled as a family, the diversity of the people we've met, the persecution we've seen in our brothers and sisters and their sacrifice, it leaves me in awe of a God who wants me to live in the truth of His word...

Lord, take me again and use me, make me a channel of your love and your life. Lord may I truely be your fragrance that others might see life and want to know you....Amen
"Who has given to You
That it should be paid back to him?
Who has given to You
As if You needed anything?
From You, and to You, and through You
Come all things, O Lord
And all we do is give back to You
What always has been Yours"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home